In 1941 a special committee comprised of E.L.H.S. faculty members and students was formed to conduct a competitive contest in order to select a design for a permanent crest for the school that would be the official identification for class rings and other school material for future classes.
The design they selected was submitted by Dave Mullen, a senior student, and permanently adopted by the student body in 1942. It first appeared on graduating seniors’ rings in 1943 and on each years’ class rings since that time.
For over 50 years now, the crest has reminded Potter alumni, past and present, of never to be forgotten memories at E.L.H.S. In ensuing years it will, hopefully, inspire all graduates to “keep the spirit burning.”